Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day 2 in water


Ok. Still burt out on redoing the resto travel logue that once existed on the CGOA forum. I will eventually catch up on reposting here. Please do feel free to ask questions. The project has brought a wealth of info, and if done again could avoid some mistakes. A's to Q's. What did I do special? Well lots of things. I used all composite materials instead of wood. Seacast transom...Polyurethane board stringers, floor, and floor plan ie ski locker/kick pads/& seat boxes. Seats are a bayliner aftermarket replacement that slide on a track. Also closed cell foam fill underfloor. Interior all gel coated and webbed for texture(and her pleasure). Engine is origonal Evinrude 115. Runs like a top. How fast? Speedo indicates just a hair under 50. That's plenty fast for me. Also went with all stainless steel hardware





3 comments:

  1. Stepping on your new painted bow with sandy sandals tell me you didn't!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. It's not new, it's origonal gelcoat with all the glory of 35 years of scratches and blemishes. Recently polished and waxed. That stuff will look good forever even with a little beach sand wear. Like it is, I can have fun without worries of a little scratch.

    So have you cracked the nut?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I did crack the nut but I didn't realize the nut is attached in the back. Im not sure if I know where to cut it properly. Weather has been terrible here so I haven't been able to do much except paint badges and polish metal. Wish I had a big garage like steve. Your boat looks great for the years. I'd love to see some of the inside pics. I just may come down someday when Im done that river looks sweet. Praying for warm weather here.

    ReplyDelete