Saturday, November 15, 2008

The reunion






















After a decade of separation, I finally made the journey to retrieve my boat pride. This happened end of May 2007. January 1997, I moved to Puerto Rico launching my career in Aviation, after graduating ASU. The boat was left with my younger brother who was in the Navy. A year of so later, he got assigned to MCBH Hawaii, and the boat was left with his wife's parents.




First I had to find a suitable trailer. The trailer it was on completely rusted to a non roadworthy condition. I found one for $450 in good shape and could be easily enough modified. More on that later. It was a thousand miles round trip from my new residence in Florida to the inlaws in Alabama. Pictures shows boat upon return during initial clean up.




At this time of reunion my joy was short lived. As we recover from post 911 career disaster, no money to dump into an old boat says the wife & money manager. Other priorities to deal with such as find a home, pay off dept, keep life simple for awhile. The boat sits for another year before I get to having the motor worked on and running.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, now I see how you came to this boat. Nice. I may find our old boat one day and restore (but the performance sucked). GTton is the best but I'm not sure how it will fit all those kids plus wife plus cooler!

    ReplyDelete