Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pre resto defects




The boats is 35 years old, and sat outdoors for the last decade. I became 2nd or 3rd (?) owner in 1984. I was 15 years old, and avid water skier, and an eagle scout without a ride. My parents helped me out as a reward for my achievment. I saw the ad in the Tacoma News Tribune. Went to Gig Harbor WA for a test drive, and drove home a proud new boat owner. The boat was awesome, but did have her defects even then.




Bow U bolt loose (How to fix? without decaping)


Left seam leaked in turn


Substandard steering wheel connection


running lights inop




I lost the origonal seats when I was away from home, my parents threw them away after my oldest brother trashed them living the young bachelor life. In 1989 I came home (AZ at the time) to a boat minus seats. A few years later I fabricated seats as best as I could myself without origonal templates. They actually came out pretty good. I replaced the carpet, and repaired the floor with a teak wood reinforcement where the ski post had ripped out of the center of the floor. And that is how I left this boat in 1996 when I flew the coop to begin my post college career adventure.

1 comment: